Technical Writing Academic Certificate
All required coursework must be completed with a grade of 'C' or better (O-10-a).
|ENGL 202||Technical Writing I||3|
|Select three courses from the following:||9|
|Technical Writing II|
|Grant and Proposal Writing (Grant Writing)|
|Technical Writing III (Advanced Technical Writing)|
|Visual Perception, Culture, and Rhetoric (Visual Culture and Rhetoric)|
|Writing for the Web|
|Professional Writing Portfolio|
Courses to total 12 credits for this certificate
The student will be able to...
• develop a professional portfolio to use on the job market,
• enter and successfully communicate in professional environments,
• be strong rhetors who add to their existing skills and backgrounds to solve technical communication problems and produce visual and verbal communication,
• translate discipline-specific discourse to meet the needs of audiences with lower levels of technical expertise,
• articulate the affordances and constraints of technologies to stakeholders,
• communicate solutions to rhetorical problems in a variety of print and digital genres.