Nuclear Engineering (M.Engr.)
- Students will communicate professionally and effectively in written and oral presentations to a technical audience.
- Students will be able to identify and analyze engineering problems through multi-disciplinary approaches as collaborative problem solvers who can synthesize and apply advanced mathematics, science, and engineering.
- Students will be effective nuclear engineers capable of utilizing existing research as the basis for making sound decisions to carry an engineering project through the conceptual, design, and implementation phases and perform original scholarly work that considers the impact of the application of both new and existing research on society.
- Students will demonstrate awareness of the global nature of the practice of nuclear engineering and be responsible for the role that they play in enhancing the quality of life of the global community while continually striving for an openness to lifelong learning.
- Students will act in a collegial manner, striving to add value to learning experiences, to project teams, and to the larger organization in which they work. They should be very aware of safety and environmental impacts caused by actions taken. They should be able to use resources wisely and responsibly.