Chemical Engineering (Ph.D.)

Doctor of Philosophy. Major in Chemical Engineering.

While most students entering the graduate program possessing only the bachelor's degree will first earn the M.S., it is possible to bypass the M.S. and work directly toward the Ph.D. Students electing this option will be expected to critically analyze a current research area as part of their degree requirements. This will constitute their Ph.D. qualifying examination. For others, the oral M.S. thesis examination serves as the Ph.D. qualifying examination. A written research proposal modeled after those submitted to such agencies as the National Science Foundation is required as part of the requirements for the Ph.D.