Management Information Systems (B.S.Bus.)
Required course work includes the university requirements (see regulation J-3), the college requirements, and:
|College of Business & Economics Requirements||54-57|
|MIS 353||Application Development||3|
|MIS 355||Systems Analysis & Administration||3|
|MIS 452||Business Telecommunications Management||3|
|MIS 453||Database Design||3|
|MIS 454||Issues in Information Systems||3|
|MIS 455||Data Management for Big Data||3|
|Select at least two additional Restricted MIS Elective courses from the following OR one 400 level course offered by College of Business and Economics and one course from the following:||6|
|Computer Science I|
|Computer Operating Systems|
|Cartographic Design & Geovisualization|
Courses to total 120 credits for this degree
A. PGA Golf Management Option
|PGA 103||Introduction to PGA Golf Management||2|
|PGA 150||PGA Golf Management I||3|
|PGA 251||PGA Golf Management II 1||3|
|PGA 298||Internship (Max 6 credits)||4|
|PGA 385||PGA Golf Management III||3|
|RSTM 105||Teaching Golf I||2|
|RSTM 205||Teaching Golf II||2|
|RSTM 305||Teaching Golf III||2|
Courses to total 129 credits for this degree.
In addition to all other requirements, students must take at least 9 credits from outside the CBE in addition to those specifically required. These may be chosen from the restricted electives or from other courses.
- Students will develop and demonstrate a business application based on user requirements.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of telecommunications systems and the management of MIS.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of the relational database model.
- Students will identify IS threats and plan a security plan.
- Students will identify the problems of and economics of big data.